Thursday, July 4, 2013

So Far, So Close video


So Far, So Close from Paul Rabe on Vimeo.
So Far, So Close was an attempt to create a visual piece that felt both astronomical and microscopic. I created the imagery using ink and plexiglass layered on top of each other. The depth it created was surprising! Once I was done filming I was going over the footage and found that as beautiful and captivating as these environments were, needed a subject. That's where the animations came into play. The childlike drawings are very humorous against the cosmic backgrounds.I wanted my drawings to interact with the space and give a reason for the movement on screen. I also see them as little characters floating through these spaces. While you are watching, imagine yourself to be an observer, not necessarily looking for a beginning and an end, but simply looking through a telescope (or a microscope!) on a distant world yet to be discovered. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment